Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
Examples of personal data include:
- Date of Birth
- Telephone / Mobile number
- Email address
- IP address
- Bank account details
Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we are generally referring to the separate and distinct entities that make up the Community Enterprise Group These include:
- Community Enterprise Ltd, Suite 12A Fleming House, 5 Fleming Road, Kirkton Campus, Livingston, EH54 7BN
- CEL Trading, Suite 12A Fleming House, 5 Fleming Road, Kirkton Campus, Livingston, EH54 7BN
- BOLD Marketing, 222 South Block, Osborne Street, Glasgow, G1 5QH
- Creative Natives, 151 London Rd, Edinburgh EH7 6AE
It also includes any other businesses we add to this group in the future.
Community Enterprise is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
To provide you with services, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and / or detailed service provision.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How do we collect your personal data?
The information we collect about you comes from:
- Forms you have completed and given to us
- Information that you have given us over the telephone
- Letters and / or emails that you have sent to us
- Surveys you have completed
How do we process your personal data?
- Community Enterprise complies with its obligations under GDPR by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To operate the Community Enterprise websites and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities, developments or services running across the third sector.
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Legal basis for processing:
- When we are providing you with a service, our legal basis for processing is legitimate interests.
- When we obtain your consent to store and/or pass on personal information, our legal basis for processing is consent.
Sharing your personal data
To provide services, we may share your information with third parties. We will always seek consent prior to any information being shared. If you choose not to consent to this when asked, then that decision will be recorded and respected. At any time, you have the right to refuse/withdraw consent to information sharing. The possible consequences will be fully explained to you.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the original purpose specified.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
This website is hosted by Ionos (UK).
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance, contact us at:
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption (under GDPR), you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Community Enterprise holds about you;
- The right to request that Community Enterprise corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Community Enterprise to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the Community Enterprise provides you with your personal data
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office:
45 Melville St
Tel. 0131 244 9001